Trainee Geotechnical Driller - no experience required - working away during the week
++ All work starts and finishes at the depot in Gloucester so applicants will have to reside or relocate within 1.5hrs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Driller (Geotechnical) to join an experienced and enthusiastic team, delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide range of clients across the UK with the UK’s number one testing, inspection, and compliance company. This is an entry-level role so no prior experience is necessary - the recruitment process will be based on transferable skills and attitude, however, research into what the role entails will be looked upon favourably.
++ All work starts and finishes at the depot in Gloucester so applicants will have to reside or relocate within 1.5hrs ++
Excellent opportunities for role development and career progression exist for those willing to learn. A willingness to travel anywhere in the UK and stay away from home in hotels during the week is an essential part of the role.
• Undertake ground investigation utilising ground penetrating plant in accordance with the appropriate specification
• In conjunction with the Rig Coordinator, work towards personal and vocational qualifications where appropriate e.g. NVQ
• Work with project managers and site engineers to ensure fieldwork is delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high-quality standards
• Enthusiasm & willingness to learn
• Mobility, flexibility, and commitment
What's in it for you?
• Annual earnings c£28,000 - £30,000 inc nights away payment (trainee)
• NVQ L2 in Land Drilling
• Competitive unlimited overtime rates
• Fully funded hotel accommodation
We offer a competitive salary, allowance scheme, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation. Proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, we put people at the heart of what we do, employing more than 1500 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories