My client is an award winning main contractor with established regional offices covering the South West and Midlands. They currently have an opportunity for a Technical / Design Coordinator to join their growing Housebuilding Division based out of their offices in Birmingham.
Typical projects encompass new build apartments and housing developments for Local Authorities and Housing Associations.
The division is undergoing a period of sustained growth and expansion, tendering within new geographies as well as looking at their own land opportunities to move into the open market sector, resulting in an exciting opportunity within their preconstruction team.
The role of coordinator is a front-end function assembling full design packages before handing over to the construction teams. As such this opportunity would be suitable for Design / Technical professionals from a housebuilding background, or technically minded Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors or Engineers who are looking for a change in direction for their career.
To be suitable for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Working knowledge of Architectural and Civil Design aspects of new build housing developments.
• Experience of delivering open market and affordable housing.
• Full understanding of traditional and timber frame building techniques and up to date knowledge of building regs. and NHBC standards.
• Working knowledge of section agreements and planning consents.
• Ability to support the Estimating team.
• Appointing and managing external consultants and value engineering when necessary.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, CostX and Asta Powerproject.
This is an excellent chance to join a privately owned, growing company within an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. You will earn an extremely competitive salary plus car/car allowance and benefits package including bonuses.
For more information on this role then please contact Tabitha Crabtree at Kenton Black on 0330 055 2229.