Technical / Design Coordinator - New Build Housing - Worcestershire based contractor
My client is an award winning main contractor with established regional offices covering the South West and Midlands. They currently have an opportunity for a Technical / Design Coordinator to join their growing Housebuilding Division based out of their offices in Worcestershire.
Typical projects encompass new build apartments and housing developments for Local Authorities and Housing Associations ranging from 10 – 20 units in scale running along the M5 corridor from Bristol to Birmingham.
The division is undergoing a period of sustained growth and expansion, tendering within new geographies as well as looking at their own land opportunities to move into the open market sector, resulting in an exciting opportunity within their preconstruction team.
The role of coordinator is a front-end function assembling full design packages before handing over to the construction teams. As such this opportunity would be suitable for Design / Technical professionals from a housebuilding background, or technically minded Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors or Engineers who are looking for a change in direction for their career.
To be suitable for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Working knowledge of Architectural and Civil Design aspects of new build housing developments.
• Experience of delivering open market and affordable housing.
• Full understanding of traditional and timber frame building techniques and up to date knowledge of building regs. and NHBC standards.
• Working knowledge of section agreements and planning consents.
• Ability to support the Estimating team.
• Appointing and managing external consultants and value engineering when necessary.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, CostX and Asta Powerproject.
• Commutable to Malvern.
This is an excellent chance to join a privately owned, growing company within an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. You will earn an extremely competitive salary plus car/car allowance and benefits package including bonuses.
To express your interest please contact Kenton Black!