I am currently recruiting for Surfacing Supervisors for my leading construction client. This client is recruiting for the Birmingham area. Ideally, you will have experience in the supervision of surfacing crews and working on surfacing contracts. It would be beneficial if you have worked in the surfacing industry previously however this is not a necessity. However, you MUST have supervisory construction experience. Ideally, we are looking for driven individuals who have a track record of supervising surfacing sites to a high standard.
• Dip & record all layers as required
• Complete Daily Diary and submit
• Complete L, P & M Return
• Complete Material & Resource Forecast Sheet
• Sign sub-contractor measure / timesheets
• Raise Site Communications with client
• Complete End of Visit Inspection form at the end of each visit
• Raise NCR’s and provide supporting information
• Review Daily Diary Sheet to ensure correct materials & resource
• Review operational procedures with the team to develop best practices.
• Manage operations to ensure best use of resources.
• Manage KPI's with foreman and site team.
• Fully implement operational excellence ethos with site team and foremen
• Time management of self and others, ensuring all duties are completed in a timely manner.
• Respond to ad hoc requests.
• Operate in line with Health and Safety Procedures and other business processes and procedures.
• Maintain a clean and workmanlike appearance, keeping clothing and PPE is a good serviceable condition.
• Collaborate with the client to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
• Manage direct reports (Foremen) for absenteeism, objective setting and performance review.
• Set objectives and undertake annual Personal Development Reviews.
• Timely completion of paperwork in line with work processes and KPI achievement.
• Conduct ad hoc archiving and administration in line with management expectations.
• Target zero harm.
• Report near hits
• Collect accurate information for incident reporting should the occasion occur
• Maximise value out of contracts
• Reduce waste materials and off-hire unused plant or equipment
• Undertake health & safety inspections
• Ensure a high quality of workmanship is delivered on each scheme.
What's in it for you?
• A salary of £45,000 -£55,000 DOE
• Bonus schemes
• Gym Membership