ROLE OF SITE MANAGER - Freelance 30wks duration per project starting 30th April - back top back projects available
Civils contractor focusing on power generation and energy projects. high-voltage grid-connections of live or under construction power generation connections for gas, energy storage, solar, wind and energy from waste. Basically large RC slab foundations grouting and fencing systems - before they plug in the large generators
1.1 Main Objectives:
• To report directly to the Head of Civil Construction and Company Directors on all matters relating to the day to day running of the development.
• To take full responsibility for the required standards of Health and Safety, protection of works, presentation and quality of the product.
• To work to the agreed build programme and financial parameters set by the Contract with the Client.
1.2 Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list of duties and responsibilities is intended to reflect the principal elements of the Site Manager’s role only and is therefore not exhaustive:
• To have read, understood and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all times.
• Ensure visitors to site are aware of Health & Safety Policy and ensure that they do not go on site if they are not accompanied by a representative.
• Ensure that Company Health & Safety Policies and procedures are strictly adhered to and work closely with SHEQ Department to ensure full compliance.
• Maintain and produce, on request, up-to-date Health & Safety records.
• Ensure all Environmental and Waste Management Policies are adhered to.
• Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
• Ensure all directly employed personnel work within the required specification and adhere to general Company Policies.
• Ensure all sub-contractors work within the required specification and adhere to general Company Policies.
• Ensure that procedures and controls laid down by the Company are fully implemented by all site personnel.
• Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct high standard at all times.
• Take ownership of Contract programs and monitor progress, highlighting any issues at the earliest opportunity to the appropriate persons.
• Deliver all aspects of production requirements with regard to the Civils, Fencing and Security work packages in accordance with technical and design information provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
• Ensure cost effective production in line with estimate budgets by ensuring that the work undertaken is in full accordance with the cost provision allocated and as confirmed in cost valuations.
• Identify any variations to the contract with regard to the civils, fencing and security work packages, inform and agree any changes necessary with the package manager & client prior to works progressing.
• Inform Electrical PM of any changes to civils which may affect electrical design or costs, to the electrical installation.
• Communicate any changes to the contract to the Head of Civil Construction or electrical project manager in order to raise appropriate Compensation events to client and or sub-contractors within the timescales set out in compensation event procedure.
• Organize regular site production meetings, pre-plan and ensure efficient usage of all resources, including application of quality supervision and communication regime of labour, sub-contractors, plant and materials.
• Ensure that anything which is likely to affect the company’s performance is notified to the construction manager and company director immediately.
• Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated in the form of a monthly progress report and sent to the construction manager
• Ensure site security is maintained at all times.
• Ensure the quality of finished product accords with company and warranty provider expectations.
• Ensure all site administration is carried out in accordance with policies and business Management Systems.