House Building – Essex – Salary up to £55k + package
My client is currently recruiting a Site Manager from a volume house building background to work on a new development in South Ockendon, Essex. The development consists of 3 blocks of 112 RC frame apartments and 112 traditional build semi/detached houses.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who are looking to progress their careers within one of the UK's fastest-growing house builders who have recently achieved a 5-star rating from the House Builder’s Federation (HBF); the highest accolade to be granted by the national housebuilding body.
The business currently builds circa 900 new homes for private sale and have plans to increase that output to 2,500 homes by 2021. With a huge landbank and planning already in place to build circa 22,000 homes these growth plans will be aided by the regionalisation of the business over the coming years affording excellent career progression opportunities for their staff.
To manage the build of multiple homes to a specified design and quality, from handover of land through to last legal completion, on budget and in line with the annual build programme and required standards of quality, health and safety, customer service and environment.
Where applicable, take line management responsibility for Assistant and Trainee Site Managers within team.
• Ensure and oversee a positive culture of health and safety onsite to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
• Responsible for ensuring '5 Star Builder' status is maintained and that every home is built to the specified design and standard, with the aim of zero defects, focusing on the delivery of excellent customer service
• Responsible for maintaining Construction budgets on their project and making sure Project Construction costs are controlled with no compromise to quality, health and safety or customer service in order to achieve profit targets.
• Responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality homes in line with the agreed project programmes, planning and co-ordinating all suppliers and trades to make sure they deliver in line with the critical path, identifying slippage and developing action plans to ensure programme time is recovered.
• Responsible for co-ordinating at least two local community events each financial year to promote positive social, economic and environmental change.
• Works in line with site plans and strategy to ensure the project is executed in line with the appraisal.
• Implement industry best practice and innovations across their project and works with external bodies such as NHBC, to create better, safer or more cost-effective ways of working.
• To work collaboratively with internal teams, including Sales, Technical, Customer Service and Commercial.
• To develop and maintain effective relationships with key external parties, including all external consultants and sub-contractors, building on existing networks
• Towards the end of the build, manages the final stages so that everything is completed to the specified design, quality and deadline.
• Promote and live the company values.
• Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience of site management on a construction site, at least 4 years within the house building industry.
• Strong knowledge of NHBC guidelines.
• Good Commercial acumen.
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) - up to date certificate.
• Track record of managing complex or large sites.
• First aid trained.
• Full UK driving licence.
• IT literate.
Rewards / Incentives:
• Up to £55,000 basic salary.
• End of year bonus.
• Car allowance or equivalent company vehicle.
• Pension and healthcare.
• Generous holiday entitlement.
• Other benefits.
• Career progression and training.
Please contact Chris Wright 0121 237 3700 to express your interest.