We have an exciting opportunity with a successful, family-owned civil engineering contractor who operate on a nation scale. The company specialise in water, utilities and general civil engineering schemes and operate as both a principal and main contractor. It is an exciting time to join the business as they are undergoing growth across all sectors that they operate in.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager / Agent to cover their Southwest area. With plenty of current and future work secured in the Exeter and Bristol area the ideal will be located on the M5 corridor and able to commute to jobs located throughout the region.
Projects consist of the installation of green energy and involves heavy utilities, road excavation and the laying and repair of heavy underground pipes. As such this opportunity is ideal for Site Managers and Site Agents who have experience overseeing similar projects that may consist of water / trunk mains or gravity sewers etc.
• Effectively communicate with clients at a site level.
• Complete statutory records (LOLER, PUWER and other inspections).
• Manage the site works in a safe manner and ensure compliance.
• Be able to keep records of events in the form of a diary and photos.
• Have experience with online management systems to assist in site management and organisation, hold meetings with workforce, clients and subcontractors and keep records of the outcomes.
• Be able to complete material take offs and schedule and order the necessary site materials.
• Proven track record delivering projects on time and to programme.
• Commercially aware.
• Have experience to assess temporary works needs and arrange appropriate equipment and designs.
• Produce and deliver RAMS the workforce in the form of toolbox talk.
• Computer literate.
• Show understanding and be sympathetic to environmental issues.
• SMSTS and CSCS card holder.
• NRSWA Streetworks supervisor qualification beneficial.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Willingness to lodge and travel as required.
• £40,000 to £49,000 basic salary (dependent on experience)
• 25 days holiday plus holidays.
• Healthcare (after time served).
• Training opportunities.
• Lodge and all expenses covered.
• Company vehicle or allowance.
To express your interest please contact Chris Wright 0330 055 2229.