A new opportunity for a Senior Site Engineer has arisen in the Birmingham area working on a flood alleviation scheme. There is plenty of regional work to follow working across several sectors within civil engineering.
My client is a regional civil engineering contractor with multiple regional offices located throughout the UK. The business has a genuine family ethos aiming to keep their staff working local at all times and affording them quality work life balance which sets them apart from many main contractors.
If you are an experienced Senior Engineer, or a Site Engineer looking for the next step in your career, who is looking for regional work and variety of projects, working for a company who values their staff, this could be the perfect role for you!
• Proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
• The ideal candidate will have previous experience of earthworks, drainage, highways, and some experience of reinforced concrete structures.
• CSCS card holder.
• BSc/ HND/ HNC qualification in civil engineering.
• Full UK driving license is essential.
• A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.
• Setting out using total stations, GPS equipment, and to be able to undertake traditional setting out using profiles, batter rail and pegs.
• Read and review construction drawings.
• Undertake basic take-off’s.
• Raising technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
• Have a good commercial understanding and know the difference between cost and value.
• Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification.
• Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
Salary & Package:
• Up to £40,000 per annum
• Company Car
• Company pension scheme (match up to 6%)
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
• Childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
For more information please apply to this position or contact Chris Wright on 0330 055 2229