Vacancy: Site Engineer
My client is an international civil engineering and building company with regional offices throughout the UK. Their expertise within the civil engineering sector includes Bridges and Structures, Flood Alleviation, Groundworks, Infrastructure and Highways schemes.
They are actively looking to recruit a Site Engineer in Birmingham to provide site engineering, technical skills and expertise for the construction process
Skills and Abilities
• Advise the commercial team of any technical or engineering changes that could warrant a variation or cost change
• Provide engineering and technical guidance to operatives, supervision and management Undertake setting out and the management of setting out
• To manage the day to day running of the construction operations
• Produce or assist in producing Method Statements, Inspection, Test Plans and Risk Assessments and to ensure compliance of the same
• Liaise with supervision, management, surveying, planning, safety, quality and commercial teams and provide them with information as required
• Ensure quality of the construction process
• Ensure that all site works are conducted in a safe manner
• Manage subcontractor performance
• CSCS card
• Preferably degree qualified in a Civil Engineering related subject
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Technically competent
• Possess strong communication and leadership skills
• Report writing skills
• Logical and well organised with ability to prioritise
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
• Good IT skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving and highly reputable contractor. My client will be competitive with regard to salary and package as well as offering real career progression.
To apply for this role, please attach your CV and covering letter or contact Matt Bailey on 0121 2373700 to discuss further.