I am currently recruiting for a well-established and highly respected civil engineering contractor who have recently been appointed a new £15m contract in the Walton-on-Trent region. This is a complex project which requires a competent site engineers and senior engineers to work on this newly awarded and prestigious project. This scheme includes two 278 junctions, a new road, and a two-lane bridge over a river.
• General setting out duties for Site Engineers and management duties for Senior Engineers.
• Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others around you.
• Request appropriate information from client's representative via RFI's.
• Oversee junior engineers/trainees in their day-to-day site activities.
• Provide information to operatives to assist them to construct the works (ie manhole schedules, drainage track sheets, etc)
• Record as-built information for Health and Safety File
• Maintain Engineers Site File of setting out information, calculations, etc.
• Ensure setting out equipment is properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with company procedures.
• Assist Project Manager/Site Agent with site records/data base input as appropriate.
• Carry out, record any pre and post material checks.
• Assist junior engineers/trainees in the planning of their day-to-day site activities.
• Ensure that they are using the latest version of drawings.
• Be able to provide (if time permits) Risk Assessments, method Statements and permits.
• To ensure that not only is the As-built information recorded and passed to the
• Survey department for drawing up, but that the final As-Built drawings are produced in a timely fashion for the health and safety files.
Skills / Qualifications
• Preferably will have at least HNC qualification but working knowledge and experience equally relevant.
• Able to read and understand construction drawings.
• Capable of using Total Station Survey and GNSS equipment
• Good communication skills
• Pro-active problem solver
• Relevant engineering software i.e., Auto CAD
Salary / Package
• Up to £45,000 DOE
• 26 days annual leave plus stats
• Car / allowance
• Bonus scheme
• Generous pension
• Healthcare scheme
Please contact Hugo at Kenton Black on 0330 055 2229 or email@example.com