Rail Civil Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sub Agent or Construction Manager in the North Wales region working for a main contractor on a portfolio of rail and civil engineering projects including both framework / contract agreements and tendered Capital Delivery projects.
This opportunity is working within a fast-paced business unit that are involved in a range of civil engineering works in a variety of sectors to include rail (bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels etc.), Environment Agency, Local Authority etc. The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary civils projects across the Wales region, whether one off tendered projects or projects within our long-term framework / contract agreements with key clients.
Sub Agent Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
• All applicable legislation
• The Terms and Conditions of the Contract
• The Contract Health and Safety Plan
• The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
• The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
• Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
• Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded.
• The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
• Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed, and effectively managed.
• The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Project and Contracts Managers.
Sub Agent Skills / Qualifications:
• SSSTS (essential), SMSTS (desirable)
• 1st aid (desirable)
• COSS (desirable)
• Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
• Experience as a Senior Engineer, Sub Agent or Site Manager in a civil engineering contracting environment
• £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
• Company Car or Car Allowance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Insurance
• Plus much more!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known contractor working on interesting rail civil engineering projects.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Ben Symonds Kenton Black Birmingham!