My client is a drug discovery organisation, based in Cheshire, is looking for a Senior Scientist for their In Vitro Toxicology team.
The responsibilities of the Senior Scientist are:
• Responsible for planning and conducting both routine and bespoke in vitro toxicology assays (both manually and using liquid-handling robots), and processing data to a high quality, within specified tight timelines.
• Senior point of contact for 3-5 people within the group for support across all routine assays (troubleshooting, data analysis and interpretation).
• Responsible for effectively planning and communicating assay schedule within the team and cross-functional groups.
• Project management and driving continuous improvement
• Drives and supports assay development and validation. Collaborates with scientists and regularly presents findings to the group.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Scientist will have:
• A BSc in a life science subject, with 3-5 years experience working within a laboratory environment, ideally from within a Pharmaceutical company, Biotech, CRO or academia.
• Cell culture experience in either 2D or 3D formats is essential.
• Experience in experimental performance, data processing and result interpretation, ideally with experience of High Content Screening (HCS), cytotoxicity assays, flow cytometry and/or automated liquid handling robotics.
• Line management and/or coaching, mentoring experience is desirable
If you are an experienced Toxicology Scientist then please apply now!