CIVILS SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR – MIDLANDS – c£55k + Package
An internationally renowned Main Contractor are seeking a driven Quantity Surveyor to join their busy commercial team in the Midlands on a high profile SMART Motorways project.
The successful candidate will work on a section of the works alongside another Senior Quantity Surveyor and two Quantity Surveyors.
• Conversion of hard shoulder into new traffic lanes
• Highways surfacing
• Installation of speed control equipment
• Associated civils
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
• West Midlands
Salary & Package:
• Between £45,000 - £65,000 per annum
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known Main Contractor working on a high profile civil engineering project.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Sekani Sherrott on 0121 237 3700.