SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
REGIONAL CIVIL ENGINEERING CONTRACTOR
LEICESTERSHIRE / EAST MIDLANDS
UP TO £60,000 + PACKAGE
A well-known regional civil engineering contractor based in Leicestershire is currently on the lookout for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
In this position, the successful candidate will find themselves as a part of a close-knit team, working on a wide variety of civils schemes commutable from the offices.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who wants to join a successful civil engineering business and stay local to Leicestershire and the East Midlands.
• Public Realm
• Other civil engineering projects
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying or related)
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong time management skills
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
Leicestershire offices with sites across the East Midlands
Salary & Package:
• Between £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a successful regional civil contractor on rail civil engineering projects across the East Midlands.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Sekani Sherrott on 0121 237 3700.