SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
TOP REGIONAL CIVIL ENGINEERING CONTRACTOR
HS2 ENABLING WORKS
A top regional civil engineering contractor is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team from their Midlands offices.
Working from site offices near Banbury, the successful candidate will act as the commercial lead, initially on a major HS2 Enabling works project valued in excess of £10m.
A strong general civil engineering background will be essential for this position, due to a wide variety of civil engineering elements. Additionally, the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor must be able to manage an additional Quantity Surveyor and administration staff.
This is an opportunity that should appeal to a ‘hands on’ Quantity Surveyor who would enjoy working independently on major/strategic projects for their employer.
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
Site based near Banbury. Regional office in Birmingham.
Salary & Package:
• Between £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a great opportunity for a driven Senior Quantity Surveyor looking to take the lead commercially on HS2 Enabling works projects.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Sekani Sherrott on 0121 237 3700.