A top UK civil engineering contractor is looking to recruit Senior Quantity Surveyors to work on a package of main works on HS2 circa £110m value. The flagship project is approx. 3 years long in duration, involving major earthworks, drainage, culverts, highways and structures associated with the construction of a new section of railway line.
The business in question have secured numerous infrastructure and earthworks packages that range in value from £2-150m. It is a growing business that works across multiple sectors within construction and afford their staff excellent training and progression opportunities.
A strong general civil engineering background will be essential for this position, due to a wide variety of civil engineering elements.
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
• Main contractor background.
• NEC target cost experience.
• Experience handling claims, variations etc.
• Experience running own projects in the past.
• UK driving licence.
Salary & Package:
• Between £55,000 - £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Healthcare, pension and generous holiday entitlement
• Market leading company bonus scheme
• Abundance of secured work in geographical area
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Chris Wright on 0330 055 2229