Are you a Chartered Engineer with a background in Civil or Construction engineering, looking for the opportunity to play a pivotal part in a company's success as it makes a direct impact on the improvement on the UKs rail infrastructure and stations?
Kenton Black are looking for a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer to join a rapidly growing rail consultancy with the aim to oversee, manage and help grow a growing department of the business. As a leading Project Management consultancy for Rail infrastructure, my client now seeks a well-equipped individual able to support the growth of an already busy design team. Aiming to provide all services in house, this is an excellent opportunity for the individual to showcase their technical prowess and management skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Engineering Director in the delivery of the Engineering Action Plan to help develop and grow an engineering team to support the growth objectives of the Engineering division.
• Help develop robust Engineering Assurance Process for management of the design elements of projects during the development and implementation phases, and ensure that process accord with best practice, Standards, and any applicable regulations.
• Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
• Help grow a Design Delivery team to enable the delivery of an in-house design team for the purposes of Design Development
• Undertake staff appraisals for engineering staff within his / her team and one to one review on a regular basis identify staff training and development requirements.
• Act as Delegated Engineer when necessary to support the development of other engineers.
• Provide input and advice into the training programme for all engineering staff to help ensure that the engineering team have the expertise required to deliver the support to projects.
• Provide ongoing support and set up support mechanisms for Project Engineers to ensure they continue to develop and improve the quality of delivery of projects.
• Work in accordance with the Engineering Assurance Process Quality Management System to ensure that the best possible services are provided to customers; and that customer feedback informs the ongoing development of the business.
• Report to the Engineering Director on the progress of the engineering / technical elements of projects, make recommendations and propose decisions where required on any aspect of project delivery; attend the SLC Engineering Team meeting as required.
• Manage the effective development and management of staff and sub-consultants and suppliers to meet all company standards will be required.
• Work with the Project Manager to establish an effective relationship, supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change. This will also encompass where appropriate, communications with outside bodies whilst building a positive reputation within the industry in terms of
• Lead and inspire the engineering team to maintain full engagement in meeting business and project objectives.
• Act upon and discharge of all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as required.
• Apply change, risk and resource management including early warning to line management
• Chartered / Incorporated Engineer.
• Must have sufficient experience of rail engineering multidisciplinary projects from any sort of background including site and design work.
• A working knowledge of the railway environment and engineering practises within that environment.
• Be accustomed to managing their own time and priorities and developing solid engineering opinion within a relatively small engineering team
• Used to working in a site environment. Able to undertake review of site engineering work and review of contractors build against design drawings.
• Able to write, check and finalised technical reports in a structured manner with an ability to direct junior engineers in the production of text and drawings to support such work.
• Enjoy working in a team for the benefit of the team. Able to express opinion but also flexible on the approach to how solutions can be developed. Open in their approach to managing other people and being managed. Able to bring own ideas on way of working to the engineering team.
Salary and Package:
• Up to £65,000 plus industry leading company package and flexible working
For more information please apply or send an introductory email to email@example.com