Senior Manufacturing Scientist
Up to £35,000 per annum
A rare opportunity has risen for a Senior Manufacturing Scientist to join my client, an ISO13485 contract manufacturing organisation, who develop and manufacture in vitro diagnostic kits and immunoassays to high quality GMP standards.
Reporting in to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the control of raw materials, liquid dispensing, operation of the freeze driers and completion of finished kits. The successful Senior Manufacturing Scientist will also be responsible for leading a small manufacturing team as well as managing manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manufacturing Scientist include:
• Lead and supervise manufacturing processes in addition to driving continuous improvement
• Perform line management of 5- 7 manufacturing scientists – ensuring that they have the correct training and providing guidance.
• Manufacturing of our own and custom client IVD product lines.
• Complete batch manufacturing records
• Ensure traceability of all products from raw materials to finished product.
• Acceptance of raw materials and ensuring that they meet Goods Inward Specifications.
• Ensuring that the manufacturing laboratory and all equipment is fit for use.
• Assist in the transfer to manufacturing of clients IVD product lines and the generation and design of new production documentation.
• Project Management – including liaising with clients on their requirements and responding to their queries.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Manufacturing Scientist will have:
• A BSc in Molecular Biology/ Biochemistry or related subject, along with 8 years of industry experience or an MSc with 6 years of industry experience or a PhD with 2 years of industry experience
• Proven industry experience in DNA or immunoassay development or freeze drying or assay stabilisation, production management and scheduling
• Experience of IVD/ISO 13485 manufacturing.
• Be commercially astute
If this sounds like you then please apply today!