Senior Laboratory Technician
Temp role for 18 months – Saturday & Sunday night shifts from 5pm
£17.28 per hour
This is a rare job opportunity for a Senior Laboratory Technician to join a Covid testing laboratory in Leamington Spa.
Responsibilities of the Senior Laboratory Technician are:
• Running complex laboratory processes and playing a principle role in performing the more complex technical assays.
• Provide supervision of testing within a specific section of the process (e.g. sample processing, extraction, PCR preparation
• Act as the primary point of contact for issues in the lab and involved in hands on issue resolution. They will be responsible as well as working to ensure that processes are carried out safely, efficiently, and to the laboratory’s required standards.
• Creating and reviewing technical documents and SOPs compliant with the laboratory’s accredited standards.
• This role requires individuals experienced in molecular biology methods.
• Roles are available across Sample Preparation, RNA extraction, and PCR teams (or equivalent for alternative assay procedures).
The ideal candidate for the Senior Laboratory Technician will have:
• A BSc Honours degree in a biological sciences or related subject.
• Extensive experience in a laboratory setting (academic, clinical or industrial)
• Experience of using a biosafety cabinet
• Experience of using and troubleshooting PCR methods.
• Experience of viral RNA testing using real-time ePCR methodology or end-point PCR.
• Experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation
specifications (ISO15189:2012 / ISO17025:2019).
• Experience of using liquid handling robots (e.g. Hamilton liquid handling systems).
• Significant experience in molecular biology, including PCR and immunoassays
• Experience of working with LIMS.
• my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK
• you must be able to start immediately