My client, a principle contractor is looking for a Senior Geo-Environmental / Technical Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Day to day management of the VHE Technical team including training, offering advice and guidance through projects
• Support of VHE Constructions site teams including site investigations and all works associated with the remediation of sites including design and delivery of remedial techniques
• Work closely with VHE's Technical Manager and VHE's Snr leadership team in the delivery of tender opportunities and live projects
• Management of tender and live projects from a geo-environmental perspective including waste classification to WM3, determination of waste volumes and costs (including best options for VHE from a liability perspective), remediation options, landfill / treatment options throughout the UK
• Completion of deployment forms, desk studies, factual reports and validation reports
• Monitoring and upkeep of Mexborough landfill site including inspection, quarterly monitoring (gas and groundwater) and reporting to the Environment Agency.
• Liaison with chemical laboratories into their capabilities (UKAS / MCERTS) and gaining of quotations to adhere to remediation strategy requirements.
• Research into new and existing technologies
• Preparation of health and safety documents
• Knowledge of contaminated land legislation (existing and upcoming)
• Evaluation in new equipment and upkeep of existing equipment
• Upkeep of VHE's MTL's with the Environment Agency and SEPA including submission of quarterly waste returns (on time)
• Monthly liaison regarding waste data and details of works
• Involvement in site meetings where required
• Liaison with clients, consultants, local authorities and Environment Agency
• Chartered Geologist and Qualified Person (Cl:aire Definition of Waste)
• Attending conferences and industry seminars
Offering a high salary and package.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 237 3700