CIVIL ENGINEERING – MAIN CONTRACTOR
Kenton Black are recruiting for a civil engineering contractor who operate as a main contractor on projects up to c£300m. The business work nationwide on high profile schemes. Currently, they are recruiting for their Birmingham Office as they are looking for a Senior Estimator to work on high profile bids for major projects across the Midlands.
The Estimator is required to work within a highly-motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Construct only bids covering a range of civil disciplines including highways, energy, waste water, water and waste management, industrial, commercial, marine ports, and airport projects.
The Successful Candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative, but proactively with a team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions. The Estimator must have prior experience pricing projects from £0.5m up to £100m, with a min. of 5 years’ experience.
This is an office based role in Central Birmingham, a short walk from Snowhill Station.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
• Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
• Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
• Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
• Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document / Bill of Quantities. Cross check / take off quantities from drawings as required.
• Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
• Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals / construction processes.
• Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
• File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
• Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team.
• Review and update.
• Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
• Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the pre-construction / procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
• Membership of a professional institution.
• Proven estimating experience in civil engineering.
• Min. of 5 years’ (ideally 5 – 10) experience estimating in a civil engineering discipline.
• Preferable experience in Highways and Design and Build projects.
• Previous experience with Evaluate estimating software would be preferable but not essential.
• Previous experience with sage software would also be preferable but not essential.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
• Previous experience with Microsoft Project would be preferable.
• Understanding of the EEC NEC Contract.
• Previous experience with JCT and ICC (ICE) Contracts is preferable.
Salary and package negotiable depending on experience
For more information please apply to this role or contact Hugo on 0330 055 2229