Are you Senior Engineer looking to work for one of the top Civil Engineering Regional Contractors in West Midlands who operate throughout the West Midlands, Warwickshire and Worcestershire?
Their current projects range from £2-£20m which include major highways schemes, earthworks, deep drainage and structures. Currently, due to securing various projects and with a forward order book of work until 2023 they are looking to strengthen their engineering team.
• The management and mentoring of junior engineers
• Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others around you.
• Request appropriate information from client's representative via RFI's.
• Provide information to operatives to assist them to construct the works (i.e. manhole
schedules, drainage track sheets, etc)
• Record as-built information for Health and Safety File
• Maintain Engineers Site File of setting out information, calculations, etc.
• Ensure setting out equipment is properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with
• Assist Project Manager/Site Agent with site records/data base input as appropriate.
• Carry out, record any pre and post material checks
• Assist junior engineers/trainees in the planning of their day-to-day site activities.
• Ensure that they are using the latest version of drawings
• Be able to provide (if time permits) Risk Assessments, method Statements and
• To ensure that not only is the As-built information recorded and passed to the
• Survey department for drawing up, but that the final As-Built drawings are produced in a timely fashion for the health and safety file.
Skills / Qualifications:
• Preferably will have at least HNC qualification but working knowledge and experience
• Able to read and understand construction drawings.
• Capable of using Total Station Survey and GNSS equipment
• IT literate
• Good communication skills
• Pro-active problem solver
• Relevant engineering software i.e., Auto CAD
Salary / Package:
• Basic salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
• 25 days plus stats
• Company car or car allowance
• Bonus scheme
• Generous pension contributions
• Healthcare scheme
This is an opportunity to work for a regional business with an excellent reputation who pride themselves on how they look after their employees.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Ben Symonds on 0330 055 2229 or Ben.Symonds@kentonblack.com