My client is a Tier 1 Main Contractor with multiple offices in the UK. Due to exceptional growth they are looking for a Commercial Manager to work on sites they have upcoming in Birmingham, With values c£40 Million.
Highrise residential, Commercial and student accommodation
• Supervise assistant and site engineers
• Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
• Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain. • Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques, as well as routine checks on setting out to ensure compliance and within the required tolerances.
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
• Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process, ensuring ordered to the correct required specifications.
• Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works, including Work Package Plans.
• Assist with the coordination of temporary works and ensure appointments of Temporary Works Supervisors and Temporary Works Coordinator are in place.
• Implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
We also operate a reward scheme, details of which can be found on our website. Recommend a friend or colleague to claim a £250 referral fee.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role then please contact Oliver Smith on 0330 055 2229