Senior Assay Development Scientist
Up to £35,000 per annum
A rare opportunity has risen for a Senior Assay Development Scientist to join my client, an ISO13485 contract manufacturing organisation, who develop immunoassays and molecular diagnostic kits, on their Operations teams.
Reporting in to the Head of Technical Services, you will be involved in developing assays for external clients. This will mean developing new initiatives rather than relying on the existing and then confidently deploying and managing change.
Responsibilities of the Senior Assay Development Scientist include:
• Development of all manufacturing and genomic services according to defined service levels including turnaround times, project deadlines, productivity levels, quality levels and cost per sample
• Molecular diagnostic assay development
• Project Management
• Line management of the assay development team
• To play an active role within manufacturing as and when determined by commercial pressures.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Assay Development Scientist will have:
• A BSc in Molecular biology/ Biochemistry or related subject
• Experience of IVD/ISO 13485 manufacturing.
• At least 3 years of Molecular Assay development
• Be commercially astute
This role would suit an experienced Assay Development Scientist or a commercially astute Post-Doc looking to work in a fast paced diagnostics environment.