£50k plus package
A Regional Buyer is required to form an integral part of the current group purchasing function of a well-established civil engineering company who operate as a main contractor and are involved in projects up to a value of £100m.
With a strong, solid background in civil engineering material purchasing and supply chain involvement, the post holder will assume a position within an existing department reporting directly to the supply chain manager.
The role based in one of their offices in either Northampton or Cambridge. The aim of this role is to lead the Company forward, assisting towards securing and maintaining key suppliers of materials - covering price, delivery and quality targets.
• Provide input into the collation of competitive pre-contract quotations for materials and liaise with Estimators and Buying Administrators.
• Work independently to ensure current contract material requirements are purchased to the correct specification.
• Maintain and develop strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company's needs.
• Identify new suppliers and which will benefit the company, discuss terms and negotiate supply agreements.
• Assist in the improvement of purchasing methods to drive down external spend.
• Be fully competent in the reading of technical drawings and can extract quantities where required.
• Representing the department at internal meetings if required to do so.
• Assisting the Supply Chain Manager with the management and coordination of purchasing activities with relation to cost, delivery and quality performance.
• Construction based qualification preferred but not essential.
• CIPS qualified or working towards preferred but not essential.
• Previous experience of Coins and/or A-site is preferred but not essential.
• 5 years previous experience in a civil engineering purchasing role is preferred but not
• High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum).
• Full driving license required.
• Highly resourceful with excellent communication abilities.
• “Hands on” approach to all tasks.
• Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
• Result driven and confident.
• Strong commercial and financial acumen.
Hours of work
• 40 hours per week at hours to suit the department’s needs, with 1 hour for lunch per day.
• Annual leave is 26 days, exclusive of bank holidays, of which 7 days must be taken at Christmas in accordance with the industry shutdown.