QUANTITY SURVEYOR / SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
MAIN CONTRACTOR – RAIL CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECTS
UP TO £65,000 + PACKAGE
An opportunity has arisen with a top UK Main Contractor to join their rail division as a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor.
In this role, the successful candidate will have joined a highly successful team working on major rail schemes valued at between £1m - £35m across the Midlands for both Network Rail and local authorities.
History working on rail civil engineering projects will be an advantage.
• Station Platforms
• Bridge Construction
• Retaining Structures
• Multi-Storey Car Parks
• Other associated civil engineering projects.
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying or related)
• Minimum of 3.5 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong time management skills
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
Birmingham offices with sites across the West Midlands
Salary & Package:
• Between £40,000 - £65,000 per annum
• Car Allowance or Company Car
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a successful UK contractor on rail civil engineering projects across the West Midlands.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Sekani Sherrott on 0121 237 3700.