A rare opportunity has arrived with my client, a pharmaceutical company based in Lancashire, for an R&D Technician. As R&D Technician, you will be responsible for performing filling of pMDI development batches for formulation development and laboratory studies.
The responsibilities of the R&D Technician include:
• Filling and some formulation of MDI canisters following and maintaining SOPs.
• Handling lab equipment such as mixing vessels, crimpers and pressure fillers, as well as measurement equipment such as force profile testers.
• Performing metrology testing of canisters
• Calibrating the equipment and instruments within the laboratory, and performing Health and Safety Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments as required.
• Completing GMP documentation
The ideal candidate for the R&D Technician post will have:
• A HND or above in in a relevant discipline, e.g. Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences, or have equivalent industrial experience.
• Candidates should have around 3 to 5 years’ experience of working in a pharmaceutical or similar laboratory setting.
• Any experience of handling propellants, especially flammable propellants, would be an added advantage.
• Experience of inhaler testing would be advantageous, but full training will be provided.
If you have previously worked in a laboratory and are experienced in equipment calibration, then please apply now!