Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor - Midlands
My client is an international civil engineering and building company with regional offices throughout the UK. Their expertise within the civil engineering sector include Bridges and Structures, Flood Alleviation, Groundworks, Infrastructure and Highways schemes.
They are actively looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor in Birmingham for the maintenance and control of all commercial matters to satisfy the needs of the contractor and the Client. This will entail the involvement in civils/building projects from tender preparation to final account on contracts valued from £100,000 - £15million.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Tender analysis including estimating duties
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cash flow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by Dawnus/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem solving skills and creative flair
• Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving and highly reputable contractor. My client will be competitive with regard to salary and package as well as offering real career progression.
To apply for this role, please attach your CV and covering letter or contact Matt Bailey on 0121 2373700 to discuss further.