Quantity Surveyor – House Building
£65,000 DOE plus package
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with project experience working on new build housing developments for either a housing developer or contractor.
They are one of the UK’s most successful housing developers with over 50 years trading history and a passion for not just building homes but creating vibrant sustainable communities. The business is a 5-star builder producing over 3,000 new homes per year at present with customer feedback scores consistently in the 90’s.
If you're passionate about delivering exciting projects, leading award-winning teams, challenging your abilities and expanding your skills, then this opportunity can offer you the career you're looking for.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
• Main contractor or housebuilder background.
• Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving.
• Strong ability to negotiate and influence
• Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
• Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
• Performance management of your team and suppliers
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Salary & Package:
• Up to £65,000 annual salary (dependent on experience).
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Share save Scheme
• Company car or car allowance
• Private pension
• Private healthcare and cash plan options
• 25 days' annual leave
• Gym membership discounts
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company within an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. To express your interest please contact Daisy Green at Kenton Black, Birmingham.