Base Loaction - Midlands/South
This role for a Quality & Innovation Manager joins one of the UK’s respected and established Construction Companies within their Civil Engineering Division. The company have a track record of delivering complex civil engineering projects and has built a reputation as one of the industry’s leaders in this sector, working across highways, rail, water and bridges. The company is continuously recognised for its creativity, added value engineering and integrity which is delivered by their people so you will be joining a team that is committed to making a real difference, to both clients and the end-user.
• Reporting of quality and process improvement-related performance information, including but not restricted to audits, non-conformances, defects.
• Effective use of CDE functionalities in their relation to operational records.
• To ensure that quality aspects of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders are in accordance with the QMS.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into our services
• Use data modeling practices to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes
• Ensure suggestions for improvement are fully considered and potential risks analysed before implementation
• Ensure that the QMS and associated supporting information incorporates construction processes.
• Ensure that the requirements of the QMS and any approved process improvements are being applied on operational projects and associated activities.
• Monitor operational compliance to the QMS and approved process improvements, and the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2008
Skills & experience
• Associate member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI).
• Internal Auditor (ISO 9001:2008) with demonstrable experience of audits.
• Diploma in Quality Management and ideally educated in a Construction / Civils discipline
• Experience across a range of construction disciplines (civils, building etc) would be beneficial.
• Good presentation, written, analytical, and IT skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and educate/train at all levels.
• Self-confidence to build strong working relationships internally and externally.
What’s in it for you?
• A salary of £40,000 - £50,000 + car/allowance
• A competitive benefits package