A leading Principal Contractor are looking for a freelance Quality & Assurance Advisor to cover a challenging, exciting and prestigious civil engineering and construction scheme in the West Midlands. You will be a strong character, providing daily support and driving the Quality agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety team on an 18-month scheme. The project includes large-scale infrastructure and build processes and as such previous exposure to these would be beneficial.
Reporting into Construction Director, you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including temporary works
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
• Writing the quality checks needed and making this available to the team
• Review the quality procedures, standards and specifications and provide Project Assurance
• Working to ensure quality requirements are met in accordance with ISO 9001 and the company QMS system
• Agree quality procedures in conjunction with operational site teams and write and produce RAMS
• Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
• Gather information, evidence and produce reports to enable effective performance monitoring
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker who is visible operationally and effective at improving workforce engagement in Quality, Health & Safety. You will also be:
• Experienced with ISO 9001 and Quality engineering on construction and civil engineering projects (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• Well-versed in writing Safety and Quality documentation and providing project assurance
Are an experienced Quality and Safety Engineer looking for a new challenge in the Construction sector? if so, this opportunity may be of interest. To be successful at interview you would need to be able to demonstrate your understanding of construction quality management, compliance and Health & Safety. You will earn between £300-350p/d and it represents an excellent opportunity to join a company with a superb order book and bright future.