£45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits
In this busy QC Manager role, you will be 100% site based, reporting in to the Head of Quality and will oversee the running of the QC laboratories and functions including raw materials, finished products, stability and method validation.
The primary duties of the QC Manager include:
• Work closely with other departments managing expectations and transfers of internal projects
• Ensure all analytical instrumentation is calibrated and maintained to GMP standards
• Support in the timely release of raw materials and finished products
• Provide technical support to the QC team and other business functions where necessary
• Develop departmental KPIs to accurately monitor performance
• Continually assess QC business risk associated with the QC department
• Where necessary develop and document justifications for investment or resource changes.
Specific requirements for the QC Manager include:
• BSc equivalent or higher in a science based subject
• Experience within a highly regulated sector such as food, pharma, medical devices
• Line management experience
• Good communicator, to build effective relationships with other departments
• Methodical, organised and have an excellent attention to detail
• Experience of working using analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, ICP
• Experience of test method validation and managing stability programs
• Knowledge of EU quality related pharmaceutical and food regulations
To apply, you will require previous line management experience of working in Quality Control role, preferably within the Food or Pharmaceutical Industries, in a GMP accredited laboratory.