This leading international contractor is enjoying an exciting period of growth and success in its data centre business and they're looking to supplement their dynamic and ambitious team with a Senior Planner, based out of London, covering projects west of the capital.
DC experience isn't essential, but candidates should have excellent fit out construction knowledge in terms of architectural construction detail and the installation and commissioning sequences of M&E services.
Duties will include -
• Providing planning services as an integral part of the project team as well as lead assistant planners
• Liaising with clients and external planning consultants, leading programme meetings and reacting quickly to any client-led changes
• Setting up end-to-end programmes, from appointment to commissioning and close out – always making sure there are auditable trails
• Providing progress reports to the relevant stakeholders
• Identifying and managing project risks, and solving any issues or problems
• Establishing key milestones
• Building strong internal and external relationships and training non-planners in planning principles, techniques and software
In order to be considered for this role, applicants should meet the following criteria -
• Experience of developing planning and proposals process across a range of sectors, complex engineering and construction centres. Data Centres would be an advantage.
• A solid understanding of the full project lifecycle, including architectural construction detail, planning and rescheduling techniques, M&E infrastructure and procurement
• A good knowledge of relevant software and programmes such as MS Project, Primavera P6 and Asta
• The ability to prepare and deliver programming and planning in line with all relevant guidelines and protocols
• A strategic approach – you'll always look at the bigger picture and you'll make decisions with confidence
• Excellent team working and communication skills – you'll have a calm approach and the ability to get the best out of others
To apply, please email an up to date CV to - firstname.lastname@example.org