Project Manager – Privately Owned House Builder – Burton upon Trent
Our client is currently recruiting an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record of success within the new build housing sector to lead an ongoing multi-phased development that the business is targeting NHBC Awards from.
The business is one of the UK’s fastest growing house builders and have already achieved 5-star status following their inception some 8 years ago. They have recently moved into new offices to facilitate their continued growth from circa 900 units planned to 2018, increasing to 2,500 units by 2021. To reach these numbers the business will likely regionalise providing further opportunity for progression for their members of staff.
They are privately owned, cash rich and has a huge landbank ranging from the North West of England to the Greater London area. Typical projects comprise large brown field regeneration projects that last between 6 – 8 years on average, building high quality homes for private sale. They also build in more exclusive green field locations.
Reporting into the Contracts Manager and Construction Manager, you will be:
• Attending regular site meetings with subcontractors, trades, in-house technical and commercial representatives.
• Maintaining quality control and safety procedures ensuring high standards are met.
• Conducting regular site safety checks, inducting new site operatives and reviewing Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
• Ensuring the project runs to programme and to budget.
• Build in accordance with technical drawings and specifications.
• Calling off and coordinating materials and deliveries onsite.
• Liaising with NHBC and authorities.
To be suitable for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate the following:
• An excellent communicator
• SMSTS, CSCS, 1st aid card holder
• Preference towards NHBC Award Winning Site Managers
• Experience in a construction management role for a residential contractor or housing developer
• A proven track record overseeing large flagship housing developments
• Full understanding of traditional building techniques and up to date knowledge of building regs. and NHBC standards
• Commutable to Burton upon Trent
• Longevity of service for a like-minded business (this role is not suitable for freelance professionals)
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company within an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. You will earn an extremely competitive salary plus car/car allowance and benefits package including bonuses.
To express your interest please contact Chris Wright 0121 237 3700