A leading Principal Contractor are looking for a freelance Project Health & Safety Advisor to cover a challenging, exciting civil engineering and rail site in Buckinghamshire. You will be a strong character, providing daily support and driving the safety agenda in conjunction with the in-house Safety team on a 9-month scheme.
Reporting into the Regional Head of HSE and project Director, you will be:
• Working with Site and Project Management to ensure compliance and improve understanding
• Coaching site staff and engaging Safety in a multi-site portfolio
• Helping to develop and manage site infrastructure including temporary works
• Identifying areas for improvement whilst ensuring the smooth running of the site
You will be integral is ensuring the ‘basics’ are delivered on-site, in addition to identifying areas for improvement. You will be a proactive thinker who is visible operationally and improving workforce engagement in Health & Safety. You will also be:
• NEBOSH-qualified (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced with cranes and rail projects (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in multi-faceted, large-scale construction sites (ESSENTIAL)
• An Appointed Person in Lifting Operations (PREFERABLE)
The contract will be a minimum of 9 months with the potential for more and a highly competitive day rate is on offer between £300-375p/d based on experience and suitability. Please get in touch if interested.