£45,000-50,000 per annum
Procurement Manager required for a highly reputable groundworks contractors, specialising in residential groundworks, for their offices Leicestershire.
This company was established over 50 years’ ago, they now have a turnover of around £30M, they are a groundworks and civil engineering business providing services to a variety of housebuilders across the Midlands. They undertake contracts ranging from £0.5M to £8M with a project portfolio primarily on the housing sector and associated infrastructure.
This role would be suitable for an ambitious Senior Buyer or Procurement Manager looking to progress with the groundworks industry, this is a strategic role, for some looking making a name for themselves.
• Managing a busy department of construction buyers
• Controlling a material spend in a business currently turning over approximately £30M million
• Monitoring credit limits, delivery performance and the procurement of the correct specifications
• Building and maintaining relationships with the supply chain to ensure the company achieves the best prices and service
• Negotiating rates, rebates, annual agreements, account terms
• Liaising with the estimating department on tenders
• Ensuring weekly costs and orders are correct, informative and up to date
• Managing a highly efficient and well-respected buying team
• Look at making savings on key materials
• Negotiating and securing rebates with suppliers
• Raising and improving profile in the supply chain with the intention of making them into a company that suppliers respect and want to deal with
Senior Buyer or Procurement Manager with background from a civil engineering contractor, groundworks contractor, building materials merchant or aggregates company.
Ideally based between Leicester, Burton on Trent and Nottingham
Salary relevant to knowledge and experience.
For a confidential conversation call Greg Cordell at Kenton Black 07958 445844.