Kenton Black are proud to exclusively represent a leading and progressive company within the York area who are seeking to appoint a Payroll Bureau Manager. This is an exciting and exceptional career development opportunity within a friendly and stable environment for an experienced specialist with solid payroll and some accounts experience to develop the role and truly make it their own.
Initially, the successful candidate will be working in a stand alone role in a 50/50 split position undertaking both payroll and accounts preparation. Running both weekly and monthly payrolls (currently 30-40 payrolls) on behalf of approx 1000 clients, as the role develops due to increased business levels, the role will become more payroll orientated with the emphasis then being on development of the payroll function, recruiting/management of your own payroll team. Therefore, this role is ideal for someone who is seeking a more responsible role, offering autonomy and career development, allowing them to work unsupervised and really make their own mark within their department!
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and dynamic payroll bureau supervisor/manager or a senior payroll specialist, ready to take the next step in their career to build and manage their own department and team.
Initially a 50/50 Payroll & Accounts role involving:-
50% running weekly & monthly payrolls via a Payrite system (training provided) of 30-40 payrolls for approx 1000 clients which will progressively increase with new client business, therefore the candidate must be capable of running large levels of payrolls in which they will have assistance with their own payroll team.
- Dealing with furlough and part furlough payments for clients (previous experience required)
- Dealing with payroll queries from clients and being able to deal with clients direct who may be enquiring about
transferring their payroll service, giving advice over the telephone in a positive, friendly manner
- Dealing with attachment of earnings deductions, liaising with HMRC
- Ideally experienced with auto-enrolment, pensions (Nest/Now etc) (assistance is available)
- Undertaking BACS
- Dealing with RTI, P60's/P45/P46's
- Controlling of payrolls, transferring of payrolls from new clients in seamless operation
50% of this role will also initially be dealing with accounts preparation, sets of accounts etc therefore some experience of accounts is required. This role will quickly develop into more emphasis of a Payroll Bureau Manager role following the addition of new clients.
- Administration duties
- Interaction with teams and accounts functions at Head Office and locally
In addition you will be a competent and effective communicator, who is at ease and confident in dealing with clients over the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner. Advising them on payroll procedures, dealing with payroll queries particularly in view of new business clients who are seeking to transfer their payrolls to the department.
- Payroll Bureau experience - Essential
- Accountancy practive background - Essential
- Accounts preparation experience - Essential
- Able to work unsupervised
- Knowledge of Payrite system desirable but open to other systems
- Operated in a similar senior payroll position
£25K - £30K + corporate benefits
To apply for this role, please click the link below. Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.