Package Manager – Pavement, Verge & Systems
Collaboratively manage the Pavement, Verge and Systems works of a major highway scheme within the project limits; monitoring the performance of main contractors delivery project team, external specialist contractors and design consultants.
Support adherence to health and safety standards across the supply chain through the exhibition of exemplar behavioural standards to ensure successful delivery of agreed project outcomes whilst acting in line with mandatory and delegated responsibilities.
Day to Day:
• Monitoring progress and providing regular updates to the Senior Construction Manager and when required, the project Senior Leadership Team
• Assessing schedules and providing necessary assistance to the Senior Construction Manager for approving schedules
• Assessing Compensation Events and supporting Senior Construction Manager in providing timely responses.
• Provide all necessary information to the Senior Construction Manager for issuing early warning.
• Drive performance and efficiencies on site through innovation
• Daily management and overseeing site activities in co-operation with the main contractors delivery team
• Provide on-site contract and technical advice to the Senior Construction Manager
• Undertaking, documenting and following up on site safety tours
• Provide assistance to Senior Construction Manager in assessing and reviewing performance against project KPIs
• Identifying and escalating to the Senior Construction Manager any potential technical and commercial risks on site.
• In conjunction with the NEC Supervisor ensure inspection and test plans are completed and works have been constructed to the correct specification.
• Strong communication skills for liaising with a wide range of stake holders, delivery partners and internal clients.
• Leadership skills and an ability to motivate project delivery teams to ensure a high standard of work
• Excellent planning and organizational skills for monitoring project plans and schedules
• Resilience and problem-solving skills to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
• Ability to make decisions under pressure so that the project can progress
• Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex works
About the candidate:
• Evidence of a detailed understanding of safety standards and managing their implementation through the construction process in a complex project environment.
• Demonstrable track record of managing relationships within the project community to influence positive outcomes.
• Demonstrable experience and competence of structures construction management within a highway project environment
• Experience operating within an integrated team comprised from numerous delivery organisations
• Awareness of the requirements of managing NEC3 contracts to deliver required outcomes and drive efficient delivery through risk reduction.
• Awareness of BIM in construction
• HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• IEng or equivalent