An established and reputable H&S/CDM Consultancy are looking for you to become an
Operations Manager, based in the South East. This role would suit a Senior Practitioner or a Construction Manager/Project Manager looking to have a positive effect on the day-to-day running of a successful business. Contributing to and responsible for the delivery of H&S/CDM services, you will be involved with providing experienced client support. You will be a leader, able to manage a team of and with demonstrable track record in people management.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will be:
• Managing a team of H&S/CDM professionals, identifying areas of improvement ensuring high levels of service are delivered to the client base
• Developing business with new and existing clients and forming an integral part of the Senior Management team
• Undertake key account management and development, and external business development.
• Deliver regular reporting to the Directors of the business.
• Prepare fee proposals and service level agreements as required for Principal Designer and other related health and safety services.
• Managing multiple projects across a diverse portfolio
• Assisting the MD with quotes and tendering information
You will have a key understanding of hazards associated with Building and Construction projects and feel comfortable liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Health & Safety issues are addressed. You will also be:
• Experience of working in a client-facing/consulting environment
• A confident and astute communicator
• A natural leader, capable of effective people management
• Commercially aware with good business acumen
This is an excellent opportunity for you to become an integral part of a growing function within fantastic employer. This is moving away from a pure practitioner role where you will be involved at the more strategic end of the spectrum, helping drive the business forward. You will earn a highly competitive salary (between £60-70k – dependent on experience) plus a full package including car allowance as well as taking advantage of fantastic development opportunities with a boutique, well-respected business.