Main purpose of job
To work as an Office Administrator/Manager providing day to day support for a busy civil and structural engineering consultancy practice
To contribute to Scott White and Hookins’ vision and strategic objective to provide a fully integrated, high quality service to our clients in a friendly, professional manner and to reflect our passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
1. Control and ensure the smooth running of the office.
2. Undertake reception duties at the office front desk.
3. Answer the telephone, politely and efficiently in a professional manner.
4. Carry out administrative duties and tasks to support the office.
5. Prepare and collate reports for technical staff.
6. Work collaboratively and communicate clearly with colleagues in your office.
7. Offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
Location and Communication
The role is for someone based in Central Birmingham, Colmore Road, working normal hours of employment.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Good organisational ability
• Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills
• Good verbal and written English
• Proficient in using a computer with good IT skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel
When applying for this role, please include your CV and contact details