NEW Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
Salary up to £50,000 plus package
We are a thriving specialist construction company, specialising in New Build and refurbishment works on commercial and Educational Schemes.
Due to the volume of work we have secured and the location of these works, we require a qualified Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator for the Midlands area, to oversee projects in the vicinity, liaising with the Client on interim valuations, costing variations, controlling project costs to target and finalising the account, as well as managing any sub-contractor contracts and costs.
This is a permanent staff position based in our offices in Shropshire.
• Pre-contract estimating related activities within the framework portfolio including, but not limited to, the following
• Review and assess call off tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct
• Attend pre-tender meeting
• Prepare subcontract and supplier enquiries and provide recommendations based on tender returns
• Prepare competitive and compelling prices for opportunities, including all necessary takes-offs and pricing
• Preparation of internal approval paperwork including cash flows, risk registers and tender summary sheets
• Preparation of pricing clarification
• Compile offer letter, tender schedules, programme and other items required within enquiry for submission to client
• Attend internal tender price review meetings and track all changes
• Capture and implement all appropriate lessons/actuals from current/previous projects
Skills / Qualifications:
• HND in construction / Degree in Quantity Surveying or other appropriate discipline.
• A good working knowledge of estimating practices
• Construction experience within a contractor environment is essential.
• Proficient IT Skills, with a strong working knowledge of Excel and Word as a minimum
• Possess a full UK Driving License
• Knowledge of the NEC3 suite of contracts
• Effective communication skills including the ability to give presentations/reports to all levels including external stakeholders
For more information please contact Charlie Curtis-Burke on Charlie.Curtis-Burke@KentonBlack.com or call 0333 0055 2229