Kenton Black have an opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager working for one of our clients based in the Midlands.
With a huge pipeline of future work this is an exciting time to join the business with having only recently opened their new regional office, providing the successful candidate with unparalleled career progression and personal development opportunities.
The role of Commercial Manager is a key role for the business, the successful candidate will be responsible for two projects in the first instance and a team of Quantity Surveyors reporting into them.
This role offers flexibility of working hours and a relaxed working environment far away from the numbers driven cultures that are common place within one of the UK’s busiest sectors of construction.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on brownfield projects, ideally for new build residential contractors or house builders. It is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and career driven Senior Quantity Surveyor or established Commercial Manager to join an excellent business who are growing year on year.
• Assisting in developing commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise operational performance of contracts
• Commercially reviewing bids, with focus on payment mechanisms, event of default clause, termination thresholds and any schedules with significant Operational risk/impact
• Assisting in finalising conditions of contract for new work
• Providing advice and support to aid correct mobilisation of new contracts
• Providing accurate and timely commercial information
• Providing support to Operation’s team for more complex negotiations and dispute/claim resolutions
• Preparing and or providing advice on the preparation of variations to contract
• Monitor and maintain commercial team performance
• Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management, ideally RICS qualified)
• Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
• Be able to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
• Possess strong commercial negotiation skills and experience of managing and leading a team to achieve multiple objectives
• Effective teamwork and leadership skills
• Excellent Influencing and Negotiation skills
• Business and Strategic awareness
• Proven record of achieving results
• Experience in a Managing Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager position within a house builder or main contractor.
Salary / Package:
• Up to £60,000 basic salary (dependent on experience)
• Company car or car allowance
For more information on this role then please contact Tabitha Crabtree at Kenton Black on 0330 055 2229.