My client is an multi award-winning developer, as well as one of the top UK developers. They currently have an opportunity for an M&E Technical Manager based out of their Coventry office to work on multiple projects across the business.
This company currently has a full order book for the next 12 months, and is continuing to experience sustained growth, they are constantly gaining new land and work, meaning this is an exciting time to join the business. As this business sells all their properties before construction is completed, they have a constant flow of work.
This is an office based role but would include travel to sites when required.
Primary Job Purpose:
• Support the delivery of key business performance targets and of team Service Level Agreements to all Regions, in order to meet wider company business objectives.
• Reporting to the Group Head of Technical the role is to support the business divisions in the development and attainment of targets through the management of all M&E related technical services, including (but not limited to); mechanical, electrical, energy usage, lighting, sustainability, ventilation, interfaces with architectural, etc., spanning all aspects of the business from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions. To also play a lead role in the horizon scanning and development of relevant technical innovation.
• A key member of the team spear heading the businesses MMC programme which aims to fundamentally improve retirement living.
• Support the Company culture and values and the delivery of high levels of business performance and customer satisfaction
• Review and comment on supplier and sub-contractor products/designs for; value engineering, quality, compliance, integration with other ‘standard’ details.
• Technically review (and approve) all new M&E related products prior to a group deal being implemented.
• Manage the production of group guidance details. Produce and manage group specifications
• Support provision of a practical and cost-effective technical service to the company and to ensure that best practice is followed and costs are controlled to maximise the contribution to the company’s operating profit.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a supply chain of technical advisors in the key building disciplines.
• Develop and manage the introduction of new technical standards, specifications and details to the business.
• Play a decisive role in the Product Approval Group, managing the introduction of new products and technologies.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience / knowledge in new build construction
• Good communication skills
• Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc, Desired, but not essential)
• Knowledge of the technical aspect of building processes, including up to date UK building regulations NHBC Standards and relevant British Standards
The benefits package is as follows:
• Salary up to £65,000 DOE
• Car allowance or company car
• Benefits package TBD at interview stage
For more information on this role please contact Tabitha Crabtree at Kenton Black 0330 055 2229