Are you an experienced Senior Microbiologist? Have you previously worked with Sterile products? I am recruiting on behalf of an expanding pharmaceutical client, who are excited to hear from experienced Microbiologists to join their Quality Operations team.
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum + extensive benefits package
As a Lead Microbiologist, you will plan the workload for the team dependent on the manufacturing schedule of sterile and non sterile products.
Responsibilities of the Lead Microbiologist:
• Responsibility for QC compliance in accordance with GMP.
• Continuously improving the overall department productivity and efficiency in order to meet KPI’s.
• Managing and approving Microbiology team consumables needs.
• Ensuring robust training programmes within the laboratory, as well as the review of SOPs, investigations, specifications, methods and reports.
• To routinely test raw materials, finished Products, Stability Samples and Investigational Samples using microbiological techniques (PET, TAMC/TYMC) all to GMP standards.
• To routinely perform environmental monitoring for clean room, Bacterial Endotoxins and sterility testing.
• Performing Gowning qualification, autoclave operation and Bio indicators enumeration and disinfectant study for sterile facility.
• Responsible for microbiological test implementation of new compounds: method development, validation and documentation.
• To perform cleaning validation by using swab/contact technique.
• To write reports, SOPs and other documentation when required including Monitoring and trending of microbiological data
The ideal candidate for the Lead Microbiologist post will have:
• A BSc in Microbiology or biological science
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical Quality department in clean room/sterile environment.
• Deep understanding and proven application of cGMP regulations and international guidelines in a sterile/clean room area.
If you are an experienced Microbiologist with sterile product pharmaceutical experience then please apply now!