Layout Designer – House Builder - £55k plus package
Our client currently has an excellent opportunity for a Layout Designer with experience producing CAD and hand drawn sketch feasibility layouts for residential / housing developments. This opportunity is suitable for candidates from a house builder or architectural practice background looking to join a growing business unit within an increasingly busy sector of the construction industry.
Reporting to the Head of Design and based out of my clients Birmingham offices this is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the UK’s most successful house builders with a group turnover in excess of £3 billion. Focussing on brown field sites their typical developments include a mixture of private sale, affordable and homes built for the rental market with sites located throughout Birmingham and Coventry.
• Sound experience of Private Housebuilding Sector in relation to feasibility design.
• The ability to produce quick and efficient hand drawn sketch feasibility layouts is essential.
• The ability to transfer sketch layout to full CAD planning layouts.
• Able to communicate ideas effectively.
• Proven experience of Local Authority and Highways requirements and capable of interpreting these into innovative design concepts.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Use of Adobe Photoshop, CAD and SketchUp to produce presentation material.
Salary & Package:
• Basic salary up to £55,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
• Company car or car allowance
• Benefits package including pension and benefits
• Yearly bonus
To express your interest please contact Chris Wright 0121 237 3700