We have an exciting opportunity with an award winning, privately-owned housebuilder for an Land Manager to join their successful team.
My client has a renowned reputation for not only building new homes of the highest quality and specification, but also planning and producing new property development schemes which enhance and even change the face of their surrounding environments. New bespoke house type styles are concepted and created for each development to respond visually to the surroundings in which they are situated, be that city town or country.
• Reporting to the Land Director you will help secure the region land acquisition and development pipeline.
• You will work on the identification, promotion and delivery of both short term and strategic land for the purposes of speculative housing development.
• You will be actively involved in all aspects of the regions planning and land identification activities.
• You will be familiar with national and local planning policies and learn to interpret them to provide advice to the business land, commercial and technical teams.
• You will be actively involved in the preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications.
• You will initiate and coordinate due diligence and technical investigations working with the technical manager.
• You will be responsible for managing scheme appraisals working with the commercial manager.
• You will lead on and be responsible for pipeline development projects up to contract stage
• Identify and acquire land suitable for the profitable development of open market housing.
• Identify and acquire land for strategic and land banking purposes.
• Work alongside the Land director to progress all necessary actions to convert schemes included in the regions Business Plan.
• Provide or procure planning advice as necessary.
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders including landowners, land agents, Councils and professional consultants and attend and lead meetings as required.
• Procure professional services as required and manage through the process.
• Prepare, issue and adhere to a lead in programme for pipeline development sites.
• Procure detailed market research for all schemes working with the sales team.
• Appointment and management of legal team assigned to land purchase.
• Supervising land and planning trainees/Graduates.
• Obtaining competitive bids for the affordable element of mixed tenure developments.
• Attend meetings and training as required.
• Assist your manager to identify your training issues as part of your on-going supervision and professional development
• Liaise regularly with colleagues as appropriate across the business in order to inform your work practice and contribute to service development.
• Contribute to departmental and sectional operational plans.
• You should be prepared to work flexibly and to meet the requirements of the Job and opening hours, including evening and weekend working where necessary.
• Use information technology as required to carry out the duties of the post.
• Uphold the Equalities and Diversity policy of the company and have an Understanding and commitment to anti-discriminatory practices.
• Takes responsibility for the health and safety of oneself and others in the workplace, particularly in respect of:
- Accident reporting
- Lone working procedures
- Risk management
• Ensure compliance with requirements under the GDPR and follow the Groups procedures relating to confidentiality.
• To undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time commensurate with the grade and general nature of the post.
• Up to £55,000 (depending on experience)
• Car & fuel car or Car allowance up to £8000
• 10% bonus
• Health care + life insurance
• 25 days holiday
For more information on this role then please contact Tabitha Crabtree at Kenton Black 0330 055 2229