CALLING ALL BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE GRADUATES! ENTRY LEVEL ROLE.
3 month temp (with a possibility of being made permanent)
My client, a biotechnology company based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join their DNA analysis team.
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician are:
• Making sure everything is recorded correctly to GLP and GDP standards
• Preparing specimens and samples
• Undertake specimen reception, handling of client samples, identifying inadequate and/or mislabelled samples and prioritising urgent samples.
• Genomic DNA extraction
• Setting up PCR with appropriate controls
• Analysis of the microsatellite DNA
• Transfer of analysed data into result worksheet and preparation of laboratory reports
The ideal candidate for the Laboratory Technician will have:
• A BSc in Biosciences or a related discipline along with a some lab experience
• Experience in bioassay or DNA analysis techniques
Will accept graduate applications. Unfortunately my client cannot offer sponsorship.