Are you a science graduate who is looking for your first role within a Scientific laboratory ?
I am currently recruiting for multiple positions for a COVID19 testing laboratory base in Guildford, Surrey
These are 18 months fix term contract opportunities paying £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a desirable employer, where the successful individual will be playing an important role in analysing samples using techniques such as qPCR, PCR and RT-qPCR
- Processing samples for the presence of SARs-CoV-2 RNA using a range of specialist techniques and technologies. To include:
- Receipt and storage of samples
- Automated extraction and purification of nucleic acids
- Production of stock solutions and reagents
- Analysis of DNA and proteins using variety of Molecular Biology techniques such as qPCR and PCR techniques.
- Analysis of SARs-CoV-2 RNA by RT-qPCR
- To carry out all activities in accordance with the relevant quality standards such as UKAS/GLP standards
- Responsible for analysing and interpretation of results
- Record results on laboratory management systems
Degree in Science or equivalent - Happy to consider graduates with any Science background
Previous experience in using qPCR, PCR would be advantageous but not essential
Proven experience in working within a high through put environment is highly desired
Strong verbal and written communication skills with an excellent attention to detail
Please note that these roles are full time shift roles. Due to this I can only consider candidates who are comfortable doing various shifts and working hours and can do full time working hours.
Candidates must have full eligibility to work in UK without restrictions.
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position, then please apply now!