Quantity Surveyor – Regional Housing Developer
My client based in the Midlands are seeking an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team.
Their developments are located across a variety of locations including sought after greenfield locations and utilise a variety of house types incorporating distinguishing features such as locally sourced stones and contemporary designs.
They currently have an opportunity for an aspiring Assistant or Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor who is looking for the next step in their career to join an established, dynamic commercial team based out of their Shrewsbury offices. This opportunity offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop within a stable working environment with the potential for further career progression.
• Each Quantity Surveyor will be allocated several current and future new sites for which they will be responsible with support from Project QS/QS Manager.
• Carrying out Monthly Project valuations for all allocated projects.
• Hands on and autonomous, managing commercial aspects of 2-3 volume new build housing developments.
• Quantity Surveying duties; day to day cost control, cash management, subcontractor management, risk management, financial reporting (CVR/PPR), preparation in valuations (internal/external).
To be suitable for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven track record in Quantity Surveying
• Experience within house building is beneficial.
• Understanding of various contract forms.
• Industry related qualification (HND, HNC or Degree).
• Ability to understand and complete the CVR process.
In return, you can expect a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package:
• Negotiable Salary (dependent on experience)
• Benefits package and pension
• Yearly salary reviews
Please note this is permanent role which is only suitable for candidates with relevant experience and that can demonstrate a proven track record of success with a like-minded business and longevity of service on their CV (minimum length of service 3 years).
Please contact Fraser Hunt at Kenton Black for more information.
This is an excellent chance to join a growing company within an increasingly busy sector with great development opportunities. To express your interest please contact Fraser Hunt 0121 237 3700.