HSEQ Manager - £50,000 - £55,000 - Home base ideally within 2hr commute of Oxford. 1-2 days spent at the head office near Oxford, remainder field/home-based.
My client is a supplier of enabling solutions for civil engineering projects across a range of sectors within the UK. They have a healthy portfolio of works on projects such as HS2 & Hinkley Point as well as highways projects, and they are now looking to grow their team with the addition of an HSEQ Manager reporting to senior management.
Due to the range of projects across the UK, you must be flexible to travel the breadth of the UK fully expensed, to visit client sites, attend meetings and briefings with relevant stakeholders. While on sites you’ll also be carrying out site inspections and liaising with Project Managers, and other company employees concerning works being carried out. You will be responsible for delivering training programmes and safety workshops, whilst also working closely with your team to discuss concerns or successes relating to HSEQ across the various projects.
• 1-2 days spent at the head office near Oxford, remainder field/home-based.
• You will be an all-rounder, with experience in construction. Preferably from a background in civil engineering or ground/earthworks.
• Maintain and report accurately and in a timely manner on HSEQ KPI’s.
• Support and assist operational management teams to fulfil their Health, Safety and Environmental legislative requirements.
• Continuous development of HSEQ management systems including policy documents, operating procedures, risk assessments.
• Preparation of job-specific method statements and risk assessments for specialist decommissioning or non-standard projects.
• Identification and arranging training and competence requirements and induction for all staff.
• Attend HSEQ management and committee meetings as required.
• Undertake internal site audits and report findings with suggested improvements where appropriate.
• Investigate safety, environmental and quality-related incidents with operational management to establish root causes.
• Maintenance and development of ISO accredited HSEQ management systems.
• You must be flexible to travel for this role, and it will be fully expensed.
• Salary up to £55k, Company Car, 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Fully expensed travel, life insurance.
If you’re interested in hearing more about the HSQE Manager position please click “APPLY” or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org